Busy Busy Bee
I promise I’m not trying to ignore my good ol’ blog here. Really I’m not. We were just so busy during the holiday season that now that we’re settling back in to life at home, I choose to spend any down time with the husband and our pets rather than writing in a blog. Unfortunate but true. Plus there is a ton to be done around that house that kind of got put on the back burner over the past month. Whoops!
I did make a couple of goals for 2011. Here’s my list! (I like calling them goals more than resolutions… they seem more defined and concrete!)
- Run 3 or 4 more 5Ks and train for a 10K, run a 10K is possible
- Lose 10 lb. or so (I’d like to be between 130-135. I’m probably between 145-150 right now… maybe a little heavier than normal due to lack of exercise at the moment.) and maintain the loss
- Read 100 books
- Knit/crochet a hat and scarf set from yarn that I have spun
- Learn to knit with my circular needles
- Before we move, go through our closets and basement and… well, the whole house… and sort through everything and donate/giveaway/sell/throw out the things that we do not need or use
- Get pregnant
- Travel some place tropical and beachy
- Organize the files on our external harddrive
- Try my hand at 12 new recipes
Pretty doable overall!
I still haven’t gotten back in to running but I have gotten back in to the habit of getting up early and doing yoga before work. Oh, and I have been walking to work still. If I can convince myself to get to bed earlier in the evening I would like to start getting up a little bit earlier and do a short run before doing some yoga. That would be pretty ideal for me.
Did you make an New Year’s resolutions?