Skip to content

Welcome November

November 4, 2010

I have not made a blog post since last Tuesday.  Oh my goodness! The husband and I were so busy getting ready for the Halloween weekend that I just didn’t have time to work on any blogging!  I made the husband’s costume for the law school party on Friday night, so that took up some time in the evenings.  Check it out!

I don’t know if you can tell but I am a cop and the husband was a donut!  I wish his costume wasn’t so rumpled in this photos.  But I think you can see the total awesomeness of it!

Not only that but we had to get ready to go away overnight Saturday-Sunday because we were heading to visit our friends, Adam and Liz, for their Halloween PJ party!

To top it all off, we had to take one of our dogs, Gage, in to the vet to have a growth removed from his shoulder. We were worried but the biopsy came back stating that the growth was benign so he is A-okay!  We were relieved!

And then this week I have just been dragging.  I don’t know if I am fighting off a cold but I didn’t workout Monday or Tuesday.  (I meant to workout on Tuesday but neglected to set my alarm, so I didn’t get up early enough.  Whoops!)  And my dad is stopping by and staying with us tomorrow night (and again on Sunday) on his way to (and from) New York to visit my grandparents, so I have been working on cleaning and laundry in the evenings this week in order to host him properly.  The house is still no where near presentable but all of our blankets are clean and smell good  Haha.  Priorities.

Of course, last night was running group!  Thank goodness something got me up and moving! For some reason last night’s workout drained me.  This week and last week we have worked on hills.  Last night I warmed up and then did some light running while waiting for everyone to arrive.  I got in about a mile probably.  Then the running group coach sent me on my way to do a 0.8 mile loop with one smaller hill and one big hill.  I was to do the loop twice and aim for a negative split (which I did – booya!).  She also gave me her metronome to work with.  I struggle with using the metronome when I am concentrating on it.  I think I probably could have gone faster without it but I do understand the purpose of using it (to keep your turnover consistent).  After finishing that I walked for a bit to catch my breath, did a little jogging and then we went back to the small hill and ran it 3 times, the third time we ran it all out.  I came home, did some ab work, stretched and then became a big blob of goo.  I was exhausted! I burned 600 calories!

This morning I guess I was raring to go workout because I woke up before my alarm went off! I hopped out of bed at 5:30 and then did this killer workout.  I modified some of the moves.  I did modified push-ups for 40 of the push-ups, walking lunges instead of jump lunges and triceps dips on the table instead of .  I could have pushed myself to go a bit faster probably but I didn’t want to overdo it after last night’s workout.  I burned 380 calories this morning.

I need to get back to working in a bit more running with the Turkey Trot 5K on the horizon!

2 Comments leave one →
  1. November 4, 2010 8:47 pm

    Glad to hear Gage is okay. And,way to go with the 600 calorie burn! Not too shabby.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: