One Of Those Days
Did you ever have one of those days?
One of those days where you didn’t sleep well the night before, definitely didn’t want to get up when the alarm went off and when you do finally drag yourself out of bed you find that your right eye is bright red, bloodshot and sensitive for unknown reasons, so you have to wear your glasses and not your contacts. And you dropped a big shampoo bottle on your left toes in the shower. And your skin is breaking out and you’re feeling hormonal. (Not to mention you have to find a new ob/gyn since your insurance changed and isn’t that a treat?) And you hate all your clothes and your hair is annoying you a little bit. And your email gets spammed and you freak out and change your password for everything. And your phone won’t sync up with your email account now. (Why won’t the phone sync!?!) And work is stressful and you need to revise your work over and over again due to other people’s mistakes. And you want to pout and throw a small tantrum, maybe cry a little, and go back to bed and start over.
Ever have a day like that? Ever have a day like that and it’s not even noon yet? Sheesh!
On days like this I like to try to focus on the positive by making a list of some things I am grateful for. Perspective, you know?
Today, I am grateful:
- that tonight is running group.
- for the husband’s endless support, devotion and love. And back tickles. I love back tickles.
- that I can go home on my lunch break and take a break from the office.
- that Gluten Free Muse posted a recipe for Homemade Nuttzo PF.
- for cuddles with my dogs and cats. They are awesome cuddlers.
- that my mom and grandma are visiting this weekend. I love my family.
- that Non-Dairy Queen posted a recipe for Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Muffins.
- that I have insurance so I can call and make an appointment with an eye doctor (as well as an ob/gyn).
- for my wonderful blog friends.
- for the slight soreness that I am feeling from yesterday’s morning workout. It makes me feel like I worked hard.
- that it can get better.
- that I have people (and pets) who love me.
- that I have a good book to read and a comfortable couch.
- that I am me, even on my not-so-good days.
What are you grateful for today?